Who You Are:
You’re the perfect hybrid between a computer support wizard and a customer service master. While providing assistance to all levels of remote and on-site people in the company with computer software, hardware or system problems, the primary focus is managing the day to day queue of help desk tickets, resolving these tasks in a timely manner, and reporting metrics to the team weekly. In addition, the Support Engineer will eventually assist with general systems administration tasks such as server provisioning, maintenance and support.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide superior technology assistance to users in a timely manner, including setup, configuration, and basic explanation via in-person or remotely via phone, e-mail, slack, and RDC
- Complete basic requests on first contact, and follow through longer projects to completion
- Ensure workstations, phones and software function properly and reliably
- Ensure all new employees are set up properly and are assisted with the on-boarding process, including application of user licenses
- Maintain a complete inventory and stock of all assets: hardware, software, printers, and other technology assets
- Support conference room A/V systems with meeting troubleshooting and support
- Participate and contribute in weekly infrastructure team meetings to review help desk tickets accomplished and those that are in the queue, review system performance and availability metrics as well as analyze issues
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum of 1-2 years in an IT help desk or technical support role
- Strong knowledge of Windows, OSX, iOS, Android, and other computers and peripherals
- Patient, courteous, and friendly customer service attitude: a great people person
- Skilled at demonstrating and explaining technology to the non-technical
- Meticulously thorough, detail-oriented, organized work habits
- Amazing troubleshooting skills and the ability to find the root cause behind any issue
- Perceptive of needs for hardware, software, and other tools to improve users’ experience
- Ability to participate in project planning and then take personal ownership of your portion
- Effective time management with respect to deadlines, priority changes, and interruptions
- Experience administrating Active Directory, printer, and file shares
- Experience with IT purchasing and vendor relationships
- Strong knowledge of Mac use and troubleshooting
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Availability for occasional weekend or off-hours support
- Some experience with Atlassian applications – Jira and Confluence
- VoIP phone system experience
- Audio/video equipment, conference room systems
- Network concepts: DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, VPNs, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) It's Fair's policy to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sex, medical condition (as defined by California law and which includes pregnancy or childbirth), national origin, age, physical or mental disability, political activity or affiliation, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other legally protected status where there is no bona fide occupational qualification or legitimate business reason for the differing treatment. In addition, Fair prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local laws.