Financial Planning Manager
Fair is a new way to shop, sign and pay for your next car—all on your phone. It gives customers the freedom to drive the car they want for as long as they want without a loan, long-term commitment, or even physical paperwork. Imagine never having to borrow money for a car again.
At Fair, our name says it all. It’s the way we treat our customers, our partners and our fast-growing family of employees. We believe in hard work—and that it should be rewarded. That’s why we offer equity incentives, education reimbursement, 100% coverage of medical, vision and dental premiums for employees and their families, 100% paid parental leave for 4 months, cell phone reimbursement, 401(k) retirement plans, and free lunch five days a week for every employee. The way we see it, it’s better to be more than fair than not to live up to our name.
Fair is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in the diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
Who You Are:
You are someone who has learned a business by driving comprehensive budgeting and forecasting and wants to apply those skills to structure financial planning and forecasting processes for a high-growth start-up.
You are energized by the process of developing a company from an idea into an innovative, industry-leading global brand.
You have the skills and experience to become a key finance business partner for the company’s executives and business leaders. You have been an integral part of a successful financial planning team and have the desire to grow with a high-energy startup.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive build-out of a web-based planning system for FP&A.
- Successfully rollout the system to users for next fiscal year.
- Serve as key finance business partner for key departments.
- Contribute to and validate financial business models.
- Use data analysis skills to develop dashboards for planning and executive business insight.
- Work alongside the other finance teams to develop and measure meaningful KPIs.
- Maintain and improve financial projection & budget modeling as well as financial reporting
- Contribute on all team initiatives and support other finance teams including accounting, treasury and investor relations.
What You'll Need:
- 3-7 years of relevant work experience in planning and analysis in a high-energy planning team supporting a dynamic or rapidly-changing business.
- Understanding of key financial topics, metrics & processes
- Experienced user of cloud-based planning and ERP systems (Netsuite & Adaptive Planning preferred)
- Experience with analyzing & developing financial business models, analysis of financial reports & metrics and preparation of thorough reports used for internal & external stakeholders
- Advanced spreadsheet skills and expertise with presentation programs.
- Data analysis skills with Looker, Tableau, or other SQL-based analysis platforms strongly preferred.
- Ability to hire, develop and lead staff as team grows
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher)
- Financial services or automotive industry experience helpful.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) It's Fair's policy to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sex, medical condition (as defined by California law and which includes pregnancy or childbirth), national origin, age, physical or mental disability, political activity or affiliation, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other legally protected status where there is no bona fide occupational qualification or legitimate business reason for the differing treatment. In addition, Fair prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local laws.