Manager - Fraud and Loss Prevention
At Fair, our name says it all. It’s the way we treat our customers, our partners, and our fast-growing family of employees. We believe in hard work—and that it should be rewarded. The way we see it, it’s better to be more than fair than not to live up to our name. That is why we offer:
100% coverage of medical premiums for employee and their family on a top tier plan
100% coverage of vision and dental premiums for employees and their family
100% paid parental leave for 4 months
Free lunch 7 days a week for every employee
Monthly cell phone reimbursement
401(k) retirement plans
As a Fraud Manager, you will be responsible for managing a team of Fraud and Chargeback specialists, and will be tasked with analyzing potentially fraudulent applications through manual and automated processes. You will work collaboratively to identify and mitigate risks, while maintaining and developing policies and procedures along the way.
- Maintain, develop, and document internal fraud and chargeback ratio by card issuer type and identify process improvements to decrease overall chargeback rates
- Monitor chargeback ratio by card issuer type and identify process improvements to decrease overall chargeback rates
- Work internally with legal and compliance, customer service, third-party servicing agents, and the product team to carry out and improve internal fraud prevention processes
- Work externally with local authorities to initiate and support fraud investigations including police reports, subpoenas, and restitution requests
- Identify opportunities for improvement of policies, procedures, and internal controls as well as Fair’s product in order to ensure best in class performance in fraud and chargeback prevention
- Undergo continuous education on best-in-class fraud processes and train and coach team accordingly
- Work with existing and new fraud vendors to document, understand, and optimize data and processes around potential fraud
- Our #1 requirement is that the Fair culture, mission, and values are embodied by our candidates in order to ensure that the Fair culture continues to flourish as we rapidly grow
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of Fraud strategy and team management.
- Knowledge and experience with identity theft, internal controls, fraud schemes, and internal investigations.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills with successful experience in obtaining, reviewing, and analyzing data to support fraud investigations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively document, organize, and summarize data analyses for use in law enforcement fraud investigations.
- Familiarity and experience working with fraud detection technologies and data analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, finance, or a related field is a plus
- Demonstrated experience and success driving performance in a high energy fast paced environment
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) It's Fair's policy to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sex, medical condition (as defined by California law and which includes pregnancy or childbirth), national origin, age, physical or mental disability, political activity or affiliation, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other legally protected status where there is no bona fide occupational qualification or legitimate business reason for the differing treatment. In addition, Fair prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local laws.