We are looking for a reliable Accounting Manager excited to join a fast-pace, innovative, and growing organization. As an Accounting Manager, you will supervise, monitor and evaluate day-to-day accounting activities, specifically within our Fleet Accounting team. We are looking for someone with a strong technical and operational foundation, excellent interpersonal skills, process oriented and strong business acumen. The primary focus for this position will be to manage a team of senior and staff accountants and support the Director of Accounting in driving the accounting close process, reviewing financial statements and creating formal processes and procedures that govern our accounting organization. This position will also be responsible for developing and mentoring accounting staff.
- Direct and manage accounting staff to ensure integrity and accuracy of financial statements
- Support the Director of Accounting in the management of general ledger, reviewing journal entries and maintaining an efficient monthly close processes and procedures
- Oversee the preparation and review of monthly and quarterly account reconciliations, rollforwards, and trend analysis to ensure completeness and accuracy of results
- Ability to lead, manage, and execute on special projects as needed within accounting organization and across various Company functions
- Be a thought leader to drive consistency and improvement through identification and implementation of best practices and automation
- Adhere to proper accounting methods, policies, and principles
- Support monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements as well as ad hoc requests.
- Support the development of internal controls (SOX)
- Develop and mentor Accounting staff
- 7+ years of experience including accounting experience at the manager level
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA) required
- Public accounting experience and public company experience preferred
- Prior management experience developing and leading teams
- Excellent project management and process improvement skills
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting, required
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to improve accounting processes to work more effectively and efficiently
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with ERP accounting systems with preference to NetSuite
- Advanced knowledge with Microsoft Office, especially in Excel (macros, pivot tables, lookup functions); Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) It's Fair's policy to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sex, medical condition (as defined by California law and which includes pregnancy or childbirth), national origin, age, physical or mental disability, political activity or affiliation, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other legally protected status where there is no bona fide occupational qualification or legitimate business reason for the differing treatment. In addition, Fair prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local laws.